May 22, 2011

End of Training week 3

Its half way through week three and so far it’s still going well. Ok so I may have had a few ups and downs. I’ve been given a new programme and to say its challenging would be an understatement. It’s a 5 day split with two days off. Now I love a challenging programme but with a full time job and morning fasted cardio added in this week I’m going to have to make sure I’m organised. One thing in the middle of the week that I didn’t account for was some random drunken phone call at 1.51am! This was on the morning of a 5am wake up, my 1st new leg session, (a tear was shed at the end), a full day at work where a vicious dog (the owners were so proud - FW!!) had swallowed stone and it was stuck in the intestinal wall and I was covering a combat class for my lovely friend Orly after work. Revenge was had though. I replied to the drunken message with a text at 5.05 and we removed the stone from the dog. Life always turns out sweet and if you cross me I will name and shame you!

If you know me and have seen me train then you know I’m focused. Don’t speak to me or interrupt me or take the weights that I’m using. So here’s to my first arm session, I’m set, I’m ready, I’m focused and I’m at my local gym. I’m starting with the scott curl and, yes you guessed it this skinny little young twat comes over and asks if I know how to use the scott curl just as I’m setting up the bar. I look up and ask if he’s joking? I’m not small and even with my insecurities (we all have them) I look like I train. I reply with stating that I have more muscle in my leg than he does on his whole body. I give him his dews as he did come back later and apologise but I think someone told him that I’m the crazy bitch. After this he then proceeds with telling me how he’s going to gain 10kg of muscle and he’ll do it in 4 years which he seemed to be really proud of. I think I laughed the entire way home. It really makes you think of the level of the personal training information that these aspiring PT are receiving. My course still uses the old food pyramid!!

It’s now the end of the week and I’m pleased with my progress so far. I’ve dropped to from 14.5% to 10.5% body fat and my weight is 47.7kg with just a few tweaks of the diet and some supplements. I mentioned before that I am following two protocols; one is a gut repair which consists of various enzymes, supplements from Charles Poliquin and a bucket load of glutamine. Now a vast percentage of the population suffer with some form of digestive issue along with low stomach acid. This has been brought about by bad diets, artificial additives in food and drink, pesticides, lifestyle, stress, high or long term antibiotic use etc etc. Poor gut health leads to poor digestion of food and intolerances as well as many other conditions and can contribute to plateaus in training, so, as I want to still add on the muscle mass whilst I’m dieting I’m taking in that glutamine by the bucket load. The other is an Estro Detox. All I’m going to say on this one is when I pee at night; I can make the bathroom look like there’s a radiation leak.

Diet; I am LOVING my wild meat in the morning. I had bison and ostridge for the first time and I really like the gamey taste. Some people don’t get why I eat meat for breakfast (I still eat steak off season) but then I don’t get why people eat toast which contains rat and mice piss and shit? Carbohydrates are being reduced and it’s now hitting me. I’m feeling low and emotional. I think the last three days have been the worst so far, just with the emotional feeling. I would like to say a great big THANK YOU to everyone at Pinner FF, on Thursday night and Friday morning you were all brilliant and so supportive. Friday morning crew gave me the push that I need to get through that session. I love you all at Pinner xx

If you would like information on the supplements that I use please ask or visit www.charlespoliquin.com where you can find out all about information on supplements, nutrition, and training and about PCIP and Biosignature Practitioners.

No comments:

Post a Comment