May 16, 2011

End of Training week 2

Time fly’s when you’re having fun and I can say that I am indeed having fun. So first of all I’d really like to say thank you to all those people who messaged me with their comments of support and motivation. Jackie from FF Pinner, Jordan who I meet at the Biosignature course in Sweden, Chris Heron, JC from W10 performance (great gym with cute guys which is a high point of my list when choosing a gym.....I need motivation don’t I??).  I am a very driven person (my flat mate says that I’m a little OCD but apparently all high achievers do have some form of OCD so I took that as a complement), there are times however when I would like to just snuggle up in bed or on the sofa with a big roast chicken, roast potatoes with all the trimmings but then I know in three months time I will be doing just that. The hard work and effort that it takes will be worth it and that is why I am here.

Training is going very well, I still have those moments where I think that I need to do more, more is better, then I take a look at all those fat people in the gym who spend a minimum of two hours training per session, day after day and it brings me back to my senses. There is NO WAY IN HELL that I want to look like that. Ever since I started training under a PICP strength coach I have done my fare share of research, every question is based on ‘Why?’, and since placing my faith with PICP trainers I have seen the dramatic change in my body, and not only my body shape but how I feel. Ben Siong in Melbourne was my first trainer (www.trainasp.com) and Dave Lewis of Upfitness (www.upfitness.co.uk ) is my trainer now. Ben was the first, he really changed my perception of exercise and introduced me to proper weight training and Dave has taken it to the next level, a lad with exceptional talent! Many people ask if I compete I must be down the gym all the time and eat loads of rice. After I’ve stopped laughing at the misconception of weight training I advise them that each of my 4 – 5 work outs per week NEVER last longer than an hour and if they ever do, which they don’t it’s because some big chested, skinny leg twerp at the gym has been getting in my way and trying to ask me questions because I look like I know what I’m doing or they try to tell me that I shouldn’t be doing weights like that (actually that has only happen a couple of times and I thinks it’s because I almost smashed the Olympic bar in to the guys face and then word got around about a crazy bitch in the gym). It’s about the right training with weights at the right rep range, right tempo and the right of weights. There is so much more and I have so much to learn and I am thoroughly enjoying it. That was one reason why I did the Biosignature course in Sweden because I was asking so many questions that I thought why not go and do the course and find out the information for myself. I’m now taking my PICP Level 1 in a couple of weeks and I can’t wait.

Also I’m typing with sore shoulders today, actually if someone poked me in the shoulder I would kick their butt and only because I can’t lift my arms to be able to slap them in the face. I won a competition for a free session with Tom Crudgingon at Body Development in Bath (www.bodydevelopment.co.uk ) and this man knows his shit. I drove to Bath and the first thing he asked about was my diet, training, accident history etc. Tom knows Dave so he’s happy with my training, diet had some tweaks so as soon as I get my order from Osgrow I will be having a rotation of Spring bok, Kudu, Ostridge and Kangaroo in the mornings and then a rotation of white meat for the rest of the day. I’m off the fish at the moment which I’ll post in my next blog where I’ll mention my protocols. As for the accidents he told me something which I already knew and should have had it seen to by now. My neck and shoulder alignment is out, so much that Dave has called me wonky shoulders in the past...lol. I think this was when I fell of the boat and landed face first on concrete. My face was a little muddled up after that one!! One thing I didn’t know was that if my upper spine is out then my lumbar spine will be out and if they are out I will not grow in the shoulders or in the legs. WTF! Now I put some impressive numbers in to my squats for someone of my size and build, some people may not think it’s much but when I squat my arse is to the grass. This week my priority is to see a good Chiropractor. Another task that needs to be started is body brushing to get rid of those toxins under the skin. I don’t want cellulite but unfortunately I have it. This morning I started brushing those thighs.

So here’s for week three and I say bring it on!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Depth of Experience that you are sharing with us Bella! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both interesting and amusing, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete