July 3, 2011

DELOAD WEEK ROLL ON

On Saturday afternoon those words were like music to my ears, “next week is a deload week”. I’m now getting in tune with my body to know when it’s time to start backing off and letting my body recover and to re-challenge it with a new working load. I’ve gotten the maximum results from the current routine at this time. Your body adapts to a training programme in about 4 – 6 weeks (everyone is different and this time frame is just an average), so in order to progress with your training phases you must learn to listen to your body and this is one aspect that I’m so glad I learnt. Either that or Dave has just gotten fed up with my crying every time we do legs. Actually I know my body fat is still dropping as I even had a hissy fit when he was trying to get me to do abs and I just had nothing in me. Sorry Dave.

We are now 4 weeks to the day to the competition and I’m getting more and more excited. Dave and I have finally managed to get my shoulders capped, which I thought wouldn’t happen due to the problem with my rear deltoid, legs are coming through and bum is starting to look better. I can say hand on heart that I have worked my arse off for this and I can’t wait to get on that stage and show off what I have achieved with Dave over the last few months. The journey has been absolutely brilliant and I have enjoyed every single minute of it so far.

Figure posing practice has to be done. Arnold practiced every day for an hour and I’m trying to achieve that. I actually made Dave watch me the other day in the gym. I asked if we could do a practice posing session after training and preferably when it’s not busy in the gym. Poor Dave is all I can say as there I am standing in my holiday bikini and my 6inch lap dancing clear stilettos pulling all the poses. I’m also heading to the gym to use the studio to practice walking and having the poses flow. I must admit I think some people in the gym must think I’m vain; walking around the studio in a bikini or standing in front of the mirror pulling different poses in-between sets but learning how to show off your body in the best form can either get you 1st or last place. Learning to pose is fucking hard but stick with it and it can make your time on the stage the best time ever whether you win or not.

Dieting.WTF. I’ve now been at it for 9 weeks and I’ve 4 weeks left to go. Two weeks ago I was sitting at 7.8% body fat and I know that I’m learner again so I’m guess that I’m around the 7.5% mark. I’ve hit my target as the rest will be dehydration which is what I am dreading. In order to dehydrate you must first hydrate. Now this isn’t your “drink two litres of water a day” hydrating but water loading and I will be honest I hate it. I really fucking hate it and I find it painful but it has to be done. I’m trying not to think about it too much but considering I’m sitting 7.5% body fat, having two walking cardio sessions 5 days a week, training and working I’ve not much else going on in my life. I usually do a lot of reading on training, nutrition and supplementation but I can barely do that at the moment so my poor little brain is just thinking about shit. I know I’m a nightmare to be around but as I’m away with the fairy’s most of the time I’m not noticing so this is to all my fellow friends and work colleague I’m really sorry. This is the reason why I’m now writing this blog every other week, I’m shattered, I’m cranky, I’m unhinged as my work colleagues would probably say and I cry at the silliest of things but still I think it’s worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment